Humidity can sound like a really difficult aspect to broach in your home. Humidity is the amount of water vapour in the air. The relative humidity (RH), which is expressed as a percentage, is the amount of water vapour the air contains compared to the maximum possible at that temperature and pressure.
Most regions can achieve between 30–60% relative humidity which is deemed "Optimal" by the EPA. Not only is this range beneficial for your body but also for keeping bacteria and mould at bay in your house.
High humidity can result in low energy or lethargy, rooms begin to feel quite stuffy and our thermal comfort drops significantly. At HAVEN we believe we can do better for you and your home.
What is a high humidity event?
- Humidity control is vital for comfort and ensuring mold does not build up in your home.
- Persistent humidity above 60% can lead to mold and mildew forming
- The optimal range for home humidity is 40-60%. This band ensures the home is not too dry so as to cause static and not too damp leading to moisture buildup
- The HAVEN IAQ App offers a live view of your home's relative humidity via the Dashboard.
- Your HVAC tech can offer you reports on detailed historical humidity data in your home.
What HAVEN can do for you
One of the best ways of handling high humidity events is by utilizing the HAVEN ecosystem of products.
We've developed a range of products and software to ensure we can both monitor & solve IAQ events, including high humidity. Talk to a HAVEN Expert today about what options you have for regulating your home's humidification
- The HAVEN Central Air Monitor is a solid-state IoT device that continuously monitors your air, capturing tVOC and PM data and notifying you directly of any IAQ issues you need to be made aware of.
- The HAVEN Central Air Controller works in tandem with the Central Air Monitor to react to IAQ events and control your HVAC equipment in order to solve IAQ problems.
- eg. when the Monitor senses a chemical spike, the Controller can activate your ERV/HRV to introduce clean fresh air.
- You'll receive notification of this action via the HAVEN IAQ App, just like the image below.
- Once the Monitor is satisfied that your air has re-entered EPA-approved thresholds, the Controller will shut down the ventilator.
- If you don't already have HAVEN products installed, peak to your HVAC contractor today about adopting HAVEN products to control your air.
- They can reach out to us at email@example.com for more information.